Monday, March 12, 2007

The Most Incredible Cake Ever!!!!


Okay, I have here the most beautiful cake that has ever graced my kitchen!

You may not agree when you look at it but I have my reasons.

I frosted the cake itself and planned to put some flowers or something on there to dress it up but before I could, help arrived in the form of one seven year old boy. He was peppering me with questions about the different tips I have. He rearranged them all quite a few times and even made a couple of towers out of them.

I have to admit I was getting a teeny, tiny bit irritated! :) But it finally dawned on me that this little boy just wanted to be involved with what I was doing. I had an idea that I'm sure was inspiration from the Holy Spirit.

I handed over the frosting bag.

You would have thought I just gave the boy the keys to Disney Land!

"Really!?" He squealed

"Yup." I said. "Do you want me to show you how to make a star?"

I gave him some instruction and let him loose. He found some pretty creative ways to use that star tip! After awhile I changed the tip to the one that makes "grass" and we had some more fun. He made grass, piles of spaghetti and "string decorations" as he called it. Then he tried the leaf tip; butterflies, leaves and looooong squiggly lines abound!

The frosting on top is probably almost two inches thick and I may need medical attention after all that sugar but have you ever seen anything more beautiful?

I know I could go a hundred different directions with this post. There are bunches of things I could say, parallels I could draw between this instance and our relationship with the Lord. But I'm not feeling very profound at the moment. All I will say is; don't let yourself get too busy for the important people in your life. Jesus was never to busy for the people who needed Him, even when they interrupted His plans.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."








3 comments:

Cora said...

It IS a beautiful cake. The best I have ever seen!

And bless you, Fran, for including that boy in your cake adventure. You truly are a great mom :)

Kim said...

Gorgeous cake! I think it is my favorite so far. ;)

olalekanster said...

those cakes look great. i wish i could grab one and have a taste