Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fun with Fondant...

I've been taking another cake class, this time on fondant. It's a type of frosting that is rolled out and has a kind of a chewy texture, sort of like a tootsie roll. I have made fondant out of marshmallows (tastes like marshmallows and powdered sugar) and I've made one with white chocolate (that tasted good!) I do plan to explore some of the other flavorings because I can never leave well enough alone. :)

This first cake is the class cake we did. It's my first ever cake covered in fondant and it was pretty fun stuff to work with! I took it to church and fed it to everyone there so I didn't even eat a piece of this one! It was white cake with raspberry filling and buttercream under the marshmallow fondant.



These next ones are baby shower cupcakes that I did for my Sister in law, Michelle. I loved making these little guys! I thought they turned out pretty cute too! :) The cupcakes were chocolate with chocolate ganache filling. I frosted them with regular buttercream then put the white chocolate fondant decorations on top.

Some are awake and some are sleeping...


They have little bitty binkies (star shaped cookie decorations)...

I did twenty nine of them total and it took me HOURS!!!!

All the blankets are different too...

5 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, Fran! Those cupcakes are just the cutest things!! You are SO talented. (I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but it's true!) Seriously, you ROCK! :) The cake was really beautiful, too.

lynnmosher said...

These are the cutest things I've ever seen! The cake is awesome but these little ones are too precious! You really are talented! Be blessed...Lynn Mosher

Kim said...

This is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen! Great job... and I imagine it was quite a JOB! Kim Hunt

Perfect Mommy said...

Hi fran beautiful work.. Amazing!!!I am planning on doing the same sort of thing. How did you make the eyes they look perfect.. Beautiful job.. Love it

Fran said...

Brittney, I used a Wilton food safe pen. You can buy them at any local craft store that sells Wilton stuff. Then I just drew the eyes on. The pacifiers are little star candies but you can buy teeny little baby bottles or pacifiers too.