Friday, October 31, 2008

Let's Play Dress Up!

Our whole family is taking Tae Kwon Do together from a great guy here in town. Every year near Halloween he asks the students to dress up in costumes for class. He has a few parameters (nothing disgusting or immodest and you have to be able to actually do TKD while wearing your costume). While our family typically doesn't dress up for Halloween we decided to go ahead and dress up for the class.

I must say it was A LOT of fun! I laughed so hard that it was difficult to actually do the moves. :)


Arielle decided to be "Miss Piggy", reporter pig from the Muppets in Space movie:




Jessica decided to be a Jedi Knight (mostly because she is a low key kind of person. I have no idea where she gets that from!)




Joshua went as "Rex" from Napolean Dynamite (you know, RexKwondo! Josh even had his lines down. He was so stinkin cute!!)



What else would Gracie be besides a princess? She is of course a darling little princess so we never try to get her to be anything else. It wouldn't be right! :)



Here I am with Richard Simmons! I was so excited to get to do a "Sweatin' to the Oldies" infomercial with him!!! (Or was that "Sweatin' Oldies"? lol) Jon was a crack up! He had his lines down too and had the instructor in stitches. I ended up as his groupy but originally I was going as "Hannah middle age Montana, another child star out of touch with reality" but I didn't think my costume worked. When I got there though a couple of the girls asked me if I was supposed to be her. :P All I know is, I was reeeeeeeeeaaaaal shineeeeee! Jessica told me she wouldn't lose me in that get up. I asked her if that was good or bad. She never did answer me!



And of course this wouldn't be complete without the picture of our instructor; front and back. He was really hamming it up. You have never had an abs workout until you've tried to do TKD while laughing hysterically!

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOL!! Fran, your costume...!!! Oh my word, I'm cracking up over here. So you ended up being Richard Simmons' groupie, huh? lol That picture of you two is priceless!!

Arielle looks so cute. :) Blake and Kyle would have LOVED seeing Jessica dressed like that! Kyle saw Josh, pointed and said, "Josh-wah!" Gracie is a beauuutiful princess. So elegant and graceful. ;)

What a nice, er, tush your instructor has there. lol I hope someone took a picture of your class as you were practicing your moves.

Love ya! :)