Monday, August 08, 2005

Where is she?

Hello my friends in blog land. I just looked at my own blog and realized it has been quite some time since I have posted! Bad, bad me. Know what I realized? Looking at your own blog when you haven't been posting is like stepping on the scale after a long time period (especially if you've been snacking a lot!) It's not a good feeling!

I would love to tell you I have a fantastic post for you...

...but I don't.

My Mom has been in town from Wyoming (I only see her once a year). My Aunt who raised me was just diagnosed with lung cancer and had surgery for an aneurysm last week. (It was a high risk surgery that we weren't sure she would make it through. Praise the Lord, she is doing well.) I went camping, to a family reunion and now this week I am teaching at Vacation Bible School. As if that weren't enough, tonight we are picking up our second dog!


Today I need to get prepared for the dog, clean my house, wash the stinky camping laundry and put all our gear away. I also need to prepare for tomorrow's class, read an assigned book and I think I may try to squeeze in a nervous break down (but only if there's time!)

So, I don't think I have time to write anything earth shattering or life changing today. The rest of the week isn't looking too good for that either! I keep thinking life will settle down soon but it hasn't happened yet so I'm making no promises. Besides, if I find a moment I may take it to knit (my new hobby!) That's nice and relaxing and I don't have to think much! In fact, maybe I'll reschedule my nervous breakdown and knit instead....

For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God? It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer, And sets me on my high places. He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great. You enlarged my path under me, So my feet did not slip. Psalm 18:31-36

I absolutely love those verses at times like this! I am reminded that the Lord is my strength. He has ordered my steps and makes my way perfect. And when I am to tired to walk any further He gently scoops me up into His arms and carries me. My life can become a whirlwind of activity that makes me feel like I might lose my marlbes, but God is my peace. He is my refuge. I hope that if your life is as busy as mine (or even if it's not) you will take the time to meet with the Lord. He loves to be our strength and our peace. I think I will put aside the knitting for the moment too. I just thought of something I'd rather be doing.

7 comments:

Corry said...

Don't worry, we will wait for you and be glad to see you when you get back. No matter when that is! That's what friends do:-)

God's Grace.

Bill & Glory said...

Fran, Fran, Fran...don't you know that a nervous breakdown can wait weeks, months, or even years? Of course, it's always best to have one annually just to carve out the necessary time for a hobby like, say, knitting. They coordinate with each other quite nicely, and you can't even hear the phone ringing!

We're always here, you should know that too! :-)

Love,
Glory

Anonymous said...

GOD, indeed, is our strength and our refuge.

GOD bless!

http://myblog2002.blogspot.com

Christabelle said...

Sounds like quite a summer! I'm glad you're back on. Don't forget to post a picture of the new dog!

shannon said...

I love how you always insert the perfect verse in the perfect place, Fran. That hit me just right.

I was JUST knitting!!! That confirms it. We're sharing a brain.

We'll have to schedule another knit/gab session soon. It's about time for us to look at and divvy up the Isaiah study, don't you think? I can't wait for this new year to begin. I'm really looking forward to us teaching together. Well, one at a time ... you know what I mean. :)

Glad you had time with your family.

Nancy said...

Fran

I am glad you had a great time camping! Life is hectic, but I wouldn't know what to do with myself if it wasn't.... well maybe knit if I knew how. :)

Fran said...

Thank you one and all! (They like me! They really like me!)

Christabelle, I will try to post a pic of my new dog (who is sleeping at my feet right now!)

Glory, I didn't know that about nervous breakdowns! Do they drown out the cell phone as well? (Today on the way home I was mimicking Buzz Lightyear when he was being Mrs. Nezzbit in the first Toy Story movie. I may have started my breakdown already and not known it!)

Nancy, if you want to learn to knit I know of a very good teacher! And you are very conveniently related to her! If you could bring yourself to getting dust on your sparkly car I bet she'd help you out! :)

Shannon! Maybe that's what's wrong with me! You have half my brain! Now I know! We do need to get together again. I had a great time when you were here before.

I have to get my study from Diane (hopefully tonight) then we can divvy it up. I am really looking forward to teaching with you too. (Especially the part where I will be studying you to pick up some pointers. I will be watching your every move! No pressure. :)