Thursday, July 28, 2005

Aauugghhhh!!!!


I was just reading Comforting Words on Fish's blog and now I am anything but comforted! He tells how he went up to the kids camp and there was a girl crying that he tried to cheer up. I have two girls up there! If you're a mom you know how I'm feeling right about now.

It may not even be my kid but I still want to whip out my superhero cape (every mom is issued one when that first child arrives) and race up there to the rescue! I want to protect! I want to defend! Would someone just give me a sword?!

Deep breath.

I am amazed at the fierceness that I feel when someone messes with a person I care about. I don't think it's limited to parents either because there is another situation in my life that's causing me to feel protective and fierce. I want to act but all I can do is pray. Really, that's the best weapon or defense there is but I still feel helpless. I still want to do something to make it better!

I guess this is where trust comes in. I have to trust that my Heavenly Father knows both situations and they are fully under His control. I need to remember that He loves both sets of people far more than I ever could and He has their best interests at heart.

In truth I don't want to spare my kids every heartache because they will never grow if I do. How can they mature and build character if life is always perfection? And more importantly, how would they ever learn to call out to God for help if there was never a problem?

I've seen this played out in my own life over and over again and God has always been faithful. I look back at some of the hard things I've been through and I can see that He used them to grow and mature me.

He has never failed me.

So I will trust Him with my kids and with the other thing (and no I'm not telling you what it is!) I will pray and I will be there for both parties if they need me. And I will trust.

Thank you for indulging my thinking out loud and sloppy writing! Now go find something better to read because I have to get ready to get my girls from that camp. Hmmm, I don't have a sword but I could make a whip out of some things around the house......

10 comments:

Corry said...

Ehh...can I come back and indulge some more? I really like your blog, so please???

You are right, we can not always protect them and now matter how much we would like to spare them the pain, it does help them to grow. But as a mom, I understand how you feel:-)

Btw, I was just kidding, of course I will be back. A herd of wild horses couldn't keep me from reading your posts:-)

God's Grace.

Bill & Glory said...

Oh boy! Can we make matching capes??? If anything really gets under my skin about kids it's this.

Where can someone buy a millstone, these days?

Glory

Anonymous said...

thank you for letting me link your blog to mine.

there are some things we don't really have control over. and the only thing we can do is to trust God. He is in control.

sloppy writing??? i don't think so. i like your blog!!!

Fran said...

Thanks you guys! You are so good to me! Just an FYI, they are home safe and sound and I have been able to refrain from lopping off any ears!

Glory, I think we should have sparkly capes! What do you think? :)

shannon said...

You're funny, Fran. When you and Glory try on those sparkly, matching capes, I want to be there with my digital camera.

I'm glad I didn't see this post until after I picked up Tera from camp! I didn't know anything about two crying girls. I'll have to ask her about it.

Yes, I can see that ferociousness in you. But it's a good thing. We all need "ear-lopper-offers" in our lives. Of course, that can be messy ... :)

So how's the knitting coming?

Bill & Glory said...

Fran, yes, sparkly is good. Shannon, you can take all the pictures you want, except, of course, if we're lopping off ears or tying millstones around necks. Gotta keep a low profile, you know.

Glory

Fran said...

I either want a pink or lavender sparkly cape! Well, I like blue to...I know! I'll get a different color for each day of the week! :)

Shannon! I am a knitter! I learned to purl and bind off using my book! I do need help with that stitch whose name I can't remember but you do one row of knit, purl, knit, purl, etc. Then the next row you purl, knit, etc. I can get the first row done but when I go to start the second row I don't know where I'm supposed to poke the needle in! It's very confusing and I'm a little frightened by all those loops! Help me oh enlightened one!

Fran said...

Oh Chris! Don't worry about it! You had no idea that I would react that way! Honestly, I really didn't need an excuse to worry! (Moms are hard wired that way.) No one thinks anything bad about you. In fact I thought it was very sweet that you would try to cheer the mystery girl up even though girl tears are your kryptonite! You could have just found somewhere to hide you know. :)

Don't worry about this anymore (or I will whip out my sword or whip or whatever I happen to have handy! Is that clear young man?) :)

Refreshment in Refuge said...

What a HOOT! Listen, you can have my cape... I'll email it to you. It doesn't have sparkles but it has this huge W on it and looks remarkably like Wonder Woman's. It's retired now... Oh, wait! I might need for when/if I have grandchildren!

Unknown said...

Hi Fran! I don't know your email address and I didn't know how to get a hold of you other than to leave a comment, but I was going to see if maybe I could take you up on your offer to get together and talk about the marriage thing sometime this week.... I think it would be awesome if you, Cora and I met somewhere here in Granite! Let me know, I appreciate it!

God bless!