Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Grounded!

I haven't posted for days but it's not because I have nothing to say. It's not because I've been "scooped" and others have posted what I was going to post (although I hate it when that happens!) It's because I've put myself on restriction.

Yep, I'm grounded.

I've noticed lately that I have been spending far to much time on here. With all the blogs to read, the time it takes to write one myself and then e-mail on top of that my time slips away like water down the drain. Pretty soon the day is gone and I have to frantically catch up on all I've been putting off. And, to be honest I think I've been using blogs as a little bit of an escape. Life can get overwhelming at times and my tendancy is to run away. (Of course this only makes things worse in the long run because all that stuff I'm ignoring gets lonely and makes friends with more stuff that I need to do!)

So, while I do intend to continue blogging I'm going to not let it take over my life. Besides, how will I have anything to write about if I'm hiding in my bedroom hunkered over the computer all the time!?

The last couple of days I've spent catching up on some of the things I've been putting off. I've done some sewing (which I love! How did I forget that?) I done some cleaning (which I don't love so much. It's amazing though how a clean house can make me feel peaceful but a dirty one makes me agitated!) I've even done some weeding in my wanna be garden! (Of course now there's nothing in it because I only seem to be able to grow weeds and mold but that's beside the point!)

After checking some things off my to do list I feel a little freedom. And amazingly enough I feel refreshed! (And it probably helps that I haven't been sitting like a zombie in front of this monitor.)

I've got to run, I'm working on re-upolstering my chairs and I've got bread to bake before it gets to warm! Now go outside and play before I have to ground you too!

5 comments:

Cora said...

Those re-upholstered chairs look great! I can't wait until we get invited to dinner, again, and get to sit in them!

Hope you don't give up entirely on blogging! I love reading your posts! But I understand that it can't rule your world. Looking forward to your next post (whenever that may be)!

Bill & Glory said...

Ditto what Cora said. It's good to step back and get perspective on the truly important things, but I have been very blessed to read your blogs.

The chairs look fantastic!

Glory

Fran said...

Thanks ladies! I'm not quitting. I'm just trying to keep it in perspective.

Cora, I've got two chairs done and we're working on the other two so when they're done I'll have my people call your people! ;)

LAMommyof3 said...

Your chair looks great! I, too, am guilty of spending way too much time sitting here at the computer. (blush) Thanks for the reminder and I hope to read more of your posts soon. Now, I think I'll go play with my kids! ;)

Kim said...

I totally relate! Glad you're getting out and living life. :D