Friday, July 22, 2005

Dropping by for a moment...

What a beautiful morning it is here! Do you know that I am actually cold? It's breezy and raining and there is the possibility of a thundershower! Yes, I am excited by that! I am not a hot weather type of person. To me the best thing about summer is that fall (my favorite season) is next.

The weather guys say that later it should be close to 80 again so I will enjoy this morning while I have it. The melodious tinkling of my wind chimes coupled with the sound and smell of the rain drifting through my window is like a balm to my soul. It speaks of coziness and peace to me. I had planned to stay home and catch up on some chores today anyway but with the rain it's all the better! Who wants to go out in the rain? I need to scale Mt. Laundry, do some baking and I have some blueberries and raspberries that I need to make into jam and get processed.

Am I a dork for looking forward to doing these things today? Maybe, but I'm a happy dork! :) There is just something about taking care of my family that blesses me as much as it does them. There is a satisfaction in working hard to provide and care for them that is unmatched by some of the mindless pursuits out there.

Well, I hear my little Gracie crying in her room so I better get going. (I love snuggling them when they are warm and sleepy!) I just thought I'd check in since I hadn't posted in awhile. I will be posting again soon I hope!

6 comments:

Cora said...

Hey Fran! Sounds like you have a wonderful day ahead of you. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!

Give Gracie an extra snuggle for me, too, okay!

Bill & Glory said...

We must live in the same house, or God's telling us the same thing. Fall is my favorite season too.

I just love mornings like this just knowing that whatever happens God is with me and IN CONTROL. Have a good one and enjoy your kids.

Glory

Nancy said...

That sounds like a perfect day to me Fran, you are NOT a dork... that would make me one too! Aw, I take it back if it means being a dork, I am one too!

I love taking care of people, it is a blessing. I have felt a little lost lately without a "family" to take care of. I really enjoyed bachelorette-hood when I first had it, now I am missing the closeness you have with your best friend and husband.

I look forward to your next post :)

Christabelle said...

It DOES sound like a wonderful day. I always used to curl up with a good book on rainy days. I hope you are able to make the best of the day!

Corry said...

That sounds like a perfect day. It is in the 90's here and we are praying for some rain to cool off. Enjoy your day and God's blessings:-)

God's Grace.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

What a perfect day! I am so jealous because I am down here in the swelter belt... Louisiana. It gets so hot here the devil leaves us alone from July through August! j/k Oh... for a cool day. I treasure those cool, rainy days curling up with a good book, too. btw, great fruit fly tip!