Monday, March 06, 2006

Time Flies!

Wow! Has it really been over three months since I posted anything? It doesn't seem like that long! I've been trying to decide what to do with this blog since I haven't been posting anything. I've been trying to decide whether I should just delete it or if I should keep it going. I think for now I will keep the blog but I'm going to allow myself to post different types of things. Household tips, patterns, something I'm knitting or sewing at the moment; whatever strikes my fancy. Then, if I have the time I will try to actually write something meaningful. Since I'm probably all alone on here now I don't see this as a problem for my audience! :)

For today here is a recipe I tried last night:

Chicken Curry
4 cups cooked basmati rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1 cup TOMATO sauce
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon garlic powder


Brown onion and green pepper in olive oil until tender; add chicken breast. In a separate bowl combine tomato sauce, flour, curry powder, sea salt, garlic powder, water and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken and stir until combined. Spread rice in a 9x13 baking dish then spread chicken mixture over the top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I liked it plain but my kids put some sour cream on top and ate it that way. It's got quite a lot of flavor but it's low in calories and fat. My kind of dish! Bon Apetit!

4 comments:

Cora said...

So good to see you back, Fran! I think it's great to change your blog that way! I would use the recipe if it wasn't made with chicken. Looking forward to more recipes and tips from you!

Fran said...

You know Cora, I don't see why you couldn't substitute some cooked cubed pork loin for the chicken. It would still taste good I think. I just had some for lunch so I can tell you it reheats well! :)

Nancy said...

Good to see you back Fran, I kept popping by in hope that I would see something.... anything!

Bill & Glory said...

Fran, good to see you back. I needed a recipe for our dinner tonight. This sounds perfect!

Glory