Monday, August 13, 2007

Audrey Hepburn Wedding Cake

This one was made for a friend of my sister in law. Her son was getting married and they liked the other cake I did well enough that they wanted me to do the one for their son's wedding. The wedding was patterned around Audrey Hepburn (the bride loves her). The bridesmaids wore green dresses with black tulle peeking out of the bottom. The men wore suits and fedora's and the bride was beautiful in her white dress. I didn't get to see the wedding itself but what I did see was very cool and I loved it.

The cake was fun to make even if it was a lot of work. We were going to put green hydrangeas on it but they are poisonous so I piped 250 apple blossom flowers and then glued them (with more icing) to wires. Then I used floral tape to put them in little bunches (I was trying to make them hydrangea like). I didn't end up using all of them so if you need a green flower (or many!) I have some to spare!

If I were to do this one over again I would make the design a little closer together and near the bottom (not so spread out) but I was mostly happy with the look of it. The mother of the groom was very pleased so I'm happy. :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

What a cool cake! :) Great job Fran. Blake says, "A LOT of cake, Mom-mom!" ;) I love seeing your creations. You are one busy gal.

Cora said...

Fran, Fran, Fran! You so totally rock!! But you knew that. Again, another superb job. Well done, my friend.

Oh, and you know, you can share your cakes with me anytime. And green is my favorite color :)

shannon said...

What a beautiful cake, Fran! We are all enjoying your hobby so much. Even if we don't get a bite, it's fun to see what you create.

Of course, a bite is even better.

Fran said...

I'm starting to think you're all feeling neglected, like I should bring you cake or something! lol

Thanks for the nice comments (If you keep them coming maybe I will feed you....)