Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stuck in my head...

I've had this song running through my head for a couple of weeks now. We used to sing it at our home fellowship group but it's been over a year since I last sang it there. Maybe the Lord just brought it back to my mind because of the things going on around me lately.

It's been my song and my prayer...

Lord here I am
Nothing you should treasure
Still you do, I'm your child
Mercy beyond measure
Lord to will, and to do
All things for your pleasure
May the Heart of Jesus be in me

Jesus remind me
I live for your glory
Lord let the world see
Your Spirit inside me

Lord let me love them like you do...

I don't know if I have the words right and I suppose I could go look them up in Jon's song book but he's sleeping and I don't want to disturb him. At any rate, that's how I've been singing it. :)

I love the reminder that it isn't about me, it's supposed to be all about Him. I long for the world to see Him living through me. I hope they don't see me at all but I'm afraid too often they do.

But how comforting to be reminded that though I'm not anything to treasure, He calls me His child anyway. No matter what anyone else says or thinks, I am His child and He has mercy beyond measure for me.

I long to love people the way He does, with the same limitless mercy. How hard it is! Especially when they do hurtful things; to me or to people I dearly love. Mercy beyond measure, for me and for them.

I'll keep singing and praying because I'm not there yet, but He loves me anyway.

Lord here I am...

2 comments:

Cora said...

Amen, sister :)

Laurie said...

SO Beautiful!!!!