Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Baby Shower Cake...

I had so much fun making this thing! It's chocolate cake, whipped ganache filling, creme de cocoa moistening syrup and white chocolate buttercream frosting. I only put the syrup and ganache in the middle for one layer of filling. Next time I will torte the layers and put ganache between those too, making three layers of filling per tier. (You probably don't really care though! lol) Here's my cake...




BTW, the creme de cocoa syrup was non-alcoholic. I didn't want to use alcohol in my cakes but all the recipes for flavored essential syrups call for it. In a moment of inspiration I decided to use those coffee syrups instead. I bought some Davinci's flavored syrup and it worked perfectly! :)

3 comments:

Cora said...

That was a wonderful cake, Fran! I can't wait to see what you do in the future!

Kim said...

Yummy! Now that's talent. :) I have a pretty pic of this beautiful cake. Great job!

suzzanne said...

It was an awesome cake, Fran! I loved it. You did an amazing job!