Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Kid Cakes...

You know I've been doing some cake decorating and I think you probably know I have a wedding cake I'm doing at the end of July. Well, I didn't want to just make any old cake (because that's the way I am!) so I've been experimenting with different white cakes, frostings, fillings, etc.

Tonight we will be sampling the three finalists but to do that I had to bake three 6" cakes and prepare them exactly as they would be done for the wedding. The are all a white cake with vanilla simple syrup, bittersweet chocolate ganache (that I could overdose on!) and white buttercream frosting.

Since I had to do three cakes anyway I decided to let the kids each decorate one before we sample them. (Gracie decorated a cupcake and herself. ) Here are the results...

Arielle's is on the left, Jessica's in the middle and Josh on the right.


And the tops...










I think they show a lot of promise! (But then again, I am their mom so what else would I think? lol)

2 comments:

Cora said...

WOW! What a talented family you have. I would love to see Gracie's cupcake, too. They all look wonderfully decorated and I am sure they all taste good, too! Happy eating :)

Kim said...

Such a talented family! Your kiddos did awesome! :)