Monday, May 16, 2005

Mom's Log Stardate 5/16/05

It is 3:00 PM, Monday afternoon.

I have survived most of the day but my back up is still hours from being here. I have barricaded myself in a back room hoping to out last them. I don't know how long the door will hold.

3:08 PM

I can hear them out there trying to get in. In a futile attempt to fend them off I have given them a large bowl of popcorn and put in a video. This ruse will distract them for a time but I must come up with another plan or all hope will be lost.

3:20 PM

The sounds coming from the living room indicate that the popcorn is about gone and they are fighting over the last kernels like a pack of ravenous wolves! If they turn on me I am done for! I may have to escape out the window.


3:30 PM

I hear nothing but silence from the other side of the door. Either the television's mind numbing effects have kicked in or they are planning something heinous! I am to frightened to go look. It could be my doom.

3:40 PM

I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to go look. They are sprawled about the room staring at the box with glazed looks on their faces. I hope this is not a cruel hoax.

3:50 PM

I am beginning to feel sorry for these limp creatures. They appear lifeless and devoid of energy. All emotion seems to have been drained from them. Was I to harsh in using the televsion on them?

4:00 PM

My conciense will not let me continue to punish them. I feel I must revive them before all brain activity ceases. It will be risky but I must undo the wrong I have committed. I'm going to turn off the TV. I hope I survive it.

4:10 PM

I turned off the TV but they were too far gone. I had to counter the empty stares and glazed eyes. I did the unthinkable. I am taking all four of them to the library. If anyone finds this journal entry I only hope they learn from my mistakes and JUST STAY IN THE ROOM!

4 comments:

Kim said...

LOL Hope you had fun at the library. :)

shannon said...

You are a nut, Fran. :) I had no idea you hid out from those four angels!

Fran said...

I guess the headache made me a little silly yesterday! They are angels but some days I still feel under seige!

Bill & Glory said...

That's great!! My choice of refuge is usually the bathroom but there is enough of a space under the door for our toddler to reach a pudgy hand through and invade my privacy. And my family just thinks I have a bladder problem! ;)

Glory