Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Sleepy...

As I watch his small sleeping form I'm overcome with love for this child. He looks so peaceful and sweet. I know soon he will wake up and make his presence known. He will bite the dog because she licked him. He will get his sisters yelling in exasperation. He will demonstrate what a little imp he is.

But for now he is at rest. I want so much to pick up his little warm body and snuggle him. I know he would wiggle into a cozy position and wrap one skinny arm around my neck. I would probably even hear a sleepy "I love you Mommy."

I am so tempted.

But he would not stay snuggly. The little imp would return. He would flash his dimple at me as he scampered off to find some new mischief. I love to see what he will do next. But I want to savor this peacefulness, so I let him sleep. I watch him. I have to at least touch him, so I gently stroke his head.

I think about my Father who watches me sleep. Who loves me like this and more. I am amazed that He could love someone like me. He knows I am an imp too. Yet He waits for me to wake up. He wants to show me new things. He wants to watch me explore this world He made. He waits for my sleepy "I love you Father."

"...His tender mercies are over all His works..." Psalm 145:9

8 comments:

shannon said...

Fran!!! Were you NEVER going to tell me you started a blog?? You silly girl.

It's wonderful. And so is your writing. I'm not at all surprised.

Great thought here, and sweet picture. I know what you mean about being tempted to wake them. I usually stifled that urge ... but not always.

I'll go add you to my links right now, so more can find you. :)

(But you're still in trouble for not telling me! :)

Fran said...

Now I feel like a kid caught with my hand in a cookie jar!

I just started it the other day. I'm still trying to figure out how all this works.

Thanks for the encouragement on my writing. (Maybe part of me was afraid to tell you because I don't feel like I know how to write. I did miss your workshop you know!):)

Spatula said...

I think your writing is wonderful! And I know just how you feel about getting started. I began mine a few months ago and I find myself writing about everything! I really like how you insert pictures with your posts, and I sincerely appreciate your spiritual look into everyday life. Keep up the good work!

Fran said...

Thank you! Now I have to come see who you are!

Kim said...

Fran!! I just saw your link on Shanny's board. Awesome writing and I'm so excited that you have a blog now. We must be on the same wavelength because I have a blog kind almost like this one but I haven't published it. I even have a pic of Blake like your cutie pie, sleeping. :) I'll let you know when I post mine.
Love,
Kim

Fran said...

I'll look forward to reading it! Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Bill & Glory said...

Okay, I'm almost done reading your posts but I HAD to stop at this one. Wow! I tend to forget that God watches me sleep or work or drink my coffee (knowing I'm not supposed to anymore).

Please continue to write, what a blessing your words are!

Glory

Fran said...

Thanks Glory. Shall we have a moment of silence since you can't have coffee? :)