Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Stop a Moment...

The first rays of the sun have been creeping across the yard. They finally make their way to my front window where they suddenly burst into my living room with brilliant morning light. I sit staring in wonder at the change these golden rays have brought. The greens and browns that just moments ago looked flat and dim have come alive with vibrant warmth reminding me of the mountain woods on a hot summer day. The sun hits my crystal candleholder and it explodes in a fury of color sending rainbows dancing over the walls and ceiling. I am so dazzled I can only sit and blink in amazement.

My eyes have barely begun to adjust to the brightness before it's started to fade and my living room is returned to normal. But the memory of the morning lingers with me.

The day moves on. There is work to be done, things to clean and children to teach. I dash in and out of the house preparing for our upcoming camping trip. Clean the car, wash the coolers, and find the tent and sleeping bags. The sun is still shining, brilliant in a clear blue sky but I have no time to notice it now. I’m too busy with life to stop and feel its warmth softly kiss my face, too busy to be lulled to peacefulness in its presence.

I’m just too busy.

My garden swing has been calling to me all day, finally I hear it. I quiet the busyness for a time just to enjoy the sun. To remember the brilliance I enjoyed in the early morning when the world was peaceful.

I am glad that I was awake that early to catch the beauty of the moment. My quiet time with the Lord has become like that picture of the sun in the morning; A dazzling display of God’s love and presence that stays with me throughout my busy day. The peacefulness of my time with Him lingers with me beckoning me back to Him.

Have you spent time with the Lord yet today? Listen carefully and you will hear Him, He’s beckoning you too. Stop a moment and feel warmth of His love softly kiss your face, let His presence fill you with His peace.

Take a moment to enjoy the Son.

2 comments:

Bill & Glory said...

Fran,

Thank you for sharing this. Only a few times in my life have I been awake early enough to see the image you vividly described. Each time I haven't quickly forgotten the beauty of being serene in God's presence...before the chaos begins!

Glory

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, I have tingles. I was just going to go write something very similar called Son & Sunshine. Oh well, I'll write it anyway... lol

Kim